To Our Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. As part of the gradual reopening of California, we are returning to the office full time on May 18th, phasing from emergency-only to include non-urgent care, as well as some appointments for cleanings.
While many things have changed in our daily lives, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office continues to follow the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective.
You may feel some differences when it is time for your next appointment, and please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect both our patients and our team. For example:
- We will be asking COVID-19 screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office, including checking temperatures with a contactless thermometer.
- You may be asked to use the hand sanitizer we provide as you enter the office.
- You may notice that our office will, for the time being, no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items that are difficult to clean.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- You will be asked to bring a face mask to wear when you enter the office.
- You may notice we are wearing some additional clothing and equipment to ensure the safety of our team and our patients.
- Your dental treatment (including cleanings) may feel different than before, utilizing equipment and techniques to keep our patients and team safe, while still performing the same excellent care you have grown accustomed to at our office.
We look forward to seeing you again soon, and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 805-496-4247.
Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Drs. Lundy and Wuesthoff, and the Westlake Dental Associates Team