Looking for an improved smile in Westlake? At Westlake Dental Associates, Dr. Thomas Wuesthoff and Dr. Scott Lundy are experienced cosmetic dentists who believe every patient deserves a chance to have their best smile.
Using advanced dental procedures and treatments such as porcelain veneers and Invisalign, we can treat issues like stained and chipped teeth, gapped teeth, and a variety of other cosmetic problems.
Interested in how Westlake Dental Associates help create better smiles every day? Check out our list of cosmetic dentistry services below, and see which of our procedures is best for you.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
While general dentistry focuses on treating oral health issues, cosmetic dentistry is used to improve the appearance of the teeth, gums, and mouth. Oral hygiene is important, but sometimes there are dental problems that cleanings and fillings cannot restore.
Cosmetic dentistry is necessary for smiles that have been damaged due to an accident or a serious dental health issue. If your smile has become misaligned or altered, our team can restore the natural appearance and shape of your teeth, or change it to the smile you want to have.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There are a variety of different cosmetic dentistry treatments available.
- Orthodontics – Orthodontic dentistry such as Invisalign and metal braces are often used for complex cosmetic dentistry treatment. They can help correct issues like crowding or spacing, and they also straighten the teeth, providing a more natural, attractive smile.
- Bonding and contouring – Dental bonding and contouring uses resin-based compounds to reshape the teeth. This procedure is often used to treat chipped teeth, or help fill in gaps between teeth.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening uses a peroxide-based bleaching agent to remove surface stains from the teeth. It can remove teeth stains caused by age, smoking, or the consumption of beverages such as tea, coffee, and wine.
- Veneers – Veneers are wafer-thin pieces of porcelain that fit perfectly over your existing teeth. They cover up misshapen, crooked, or misaligned teeth, providing you with a straight, beautiful smile.
- Dental crowns – Dental crowns can be used in cosmetic dentistry to cover up and replace teeth that are seriously misshapen or damaged. Using CEREC technology, a crown is created to mimic the original appearance of your tooth, restoring your smile.
The Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
Curious about the benefits of Westlake cosmetic dentistry? Here are just a few of the advantages provided by these procedures!
- Improved self-esteem – If you feel self-conscious about your smile, you may feel bad about yourself and avoid smiling in social situations. Cosmetic dentistry can help correct minor aesthetic issues, and make you feel proud and confident when you smile.
- More youthful appearance – Yellowed or worn teeth are a key indicator of age. Teeth whitening, veneers, and other cosmetic dentistry procedures can help you minimize these signs of aging, and restore a youthful appearance.
- Stronger, healthier teeth – Procedures such as dental bonding and veneers can actually strengthen your teeth, and help you maintain a healthy bite.
Visit Westlake Dental Associates Today For Expert, Gentle Dental Care!
If you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry, or if you’re not sure where to start, come into Westlake Dental Associates for an appointment with Dr. Tom Wuesthoff or Dr. Scott Lundy today! Our experienced cosmetic dentists can help you understand what procedures are right for you, and provide you with a custom-tailored dental plan that will help you get the smile of your dreams.
Don’t let stained, damaged or crooked teeth hold you back. Contact us today at (805) 496-4247 for an appointment, or stop by our office near Thousand Oaks, at 176 Auburn Ct. Suite 5, Westlake Village, CA 91362. See the benefits of cosmetic dentistry for yourself!
"Our family has been going to Westlake Dental for over 30 years, and the kindness and professionalism has never changed. Everyone there is genuine and great! Thank you all for taking care of us!"
"I’m really happy here. I’ve been going here for about 3 years and was referred by a friend. First dentist I’ve found in a long time that I feel really cares about my teeth. My cleanings are timely and lots of attention to detail. I recently also got a new retainer and the mold was a perfect fit. Everyone is so pleasant and I’m very happy I’ve found a dentist I can trust."
"Excellent service. Friendly and kind, especially Dr. Lundy. My daughter was very frightened about getting her tooth pulled and he calmed her worries and had it out before she knew what was going on. The hygienist was excellent as well- for both myself and my daughter. Her kind smile and great stories pass the time quickly. Thank you, June and Dr. Lundy!"
"Let’s face it, going to the dentist isn’t something most of us look forward to but I have to say, I really don’t dread it anymore. Kathy is always on time and does a great job cleaning my teeth and I feel like I’ve just had a great visit with a good friend when I leave."
"I've been a patient here for over 15 years and actually enjoy going to this office for care and treatment. Very professional, caring, friendly and helpful. Feels like a family and they seem to enjoy working there. Technically adept both in the front office and with the latest in dental care and treatment (crowns while you wait!)."
"I've been happily using Westlake Dental Associates for several years. The staff is very friendly and I am always greeted by name and a smile. Drs. Wuesthoff and Lundy provide first class service and are quick to respond on those occasional after hours emergency calls. They use the latest high-tech dentistry equipment and techniques. They are truly the best!"
"I came to Dr. Lundy based on a friend's recommendation. I had not seen a dentist in over ten years. I found the whole experience to be amazing. I was initially greeted in a comfortable setting where Dr. Lundy got to know me and my concerns and/or fears. He was very reassuring. The whole process of getting x-rays, to a cleaning, and then having a cavity filled was great. I was never in any pain or even uncomfortable and he explained every step as he was going through the procedures. I will definitely be back in less than ten years!"
"This was my first visit to Westlake Dental Associates and it was such a friendly and welcoming environment that I felt at ease right away. My hygienist, Cathy, was patient and careful and Dr. Lundy was very thorough and took time to talk to me and answer my questions. It was a great overall experience. If you are at all dissatisfied with your current dental facility, I highly recommend giving Dr. Lundy and his office a try!"